I am a professor of Computer Science at the Dipartimento di Scienze Aziendali -- Management of Innovation Systems of the
Università di Salerno, Salerno, Italy.
I got my Laurea in Science dell'Informazione cum laude, in 1986 from
Salerno, my M.Sc. in Computer Science from Harvard University in 1988,
and my Ph.D. in Computer Science from Harvard University in 1992.
Between Salerno and Harvard, I worked for Olivetti, in Ivrea, Italy.
I have been an Associate Professor of Computer Science at the
Dipartimento di Matematica of the Università di Catania, Catania, Italy, from 1992 to 1994.
Then I moved to Salerno as a Professor of Computer Science.
I am currently a visiting research scientist at Google in New York.
My main research area is Theoretical Computer Science with a special focus on Cryptography.
Joint Statement on tracing apps, April 19, 2020.
- Attending CRYPTO 2023 in Santa Barbara.
- Attending the 23rd Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium
July 10–15, 2023 in Lausanne, Switzerland. Presenting our paper on Anamorphic Encryption.
- Invited speaker at the 13th International Conference on Algorithms and Complexity. Speaking about The Complexity of Secure RAMs, 13 – 16 June, 2023, Larnaca, Cyprus.
- Attending ESSA '23, Encryption for Secure Search and other Algorithms, 4 - 7 June, 2023, Bertinoro, Italy.
- Teaching at the FOSAD School, August 29-September 2, 2022, in beautiful Bertinoro.
- Going to Eurocrypt 2022 in Trondheim, Norway. [Slides]
- Invited speaker at Inscrypt2020
- Still at home, trying to avoid COVID-19 while teaching Algorithms
and Cryptography. Salerno, October-December 2020.
- At home, trying to avoid COVID-19. Salerno, March-May, 2020.
- Attending the ACM CCS 2019 conference. London, November 11-15, 2019.
- Panelist on Present and future of Theoretical Computer Science (not only) in Italy at the 20th Italian Conference on Computer Science.
- Organizing the ODSA: Oblivious Data Structures and Algorithms workshop. Bertinoro, July 14-17, 2019.
- Attending the Lower Bounds in Cryptography workshop. Bertinoro, July 7-12, 2019.
- Attending the ACM SIGMOD/PODS conference. Amsterdam, June 30-July 5, 2019.
- Attending the ICERM workshop on Encrypted Search. Providence, RI, June 10-14, 2019.
Dynamic Volume-Hiding Encrypted Multi-Maps with Applications to Searchable Encryption.
with Ghous Amjad, Sarvar Patel, Kevin Yeo, and Moti Yung.
Lower Bound Framework for Differentially Private and Oblivious Data Structures.
Eurocrypt 2023, with Kevin Yeo.
Secure Selections on Encrypted Multi-writer Streams.
ACM Transactions on Privacy and Security, v. 25, no. 1,
with Angelo Massimo Perillo and Alberto Trombetta.
Anamorphic Encryption: Private Communication against a Dictator..
with Duong Hieu Phan and Moti Yung.
Limits of Preprocessing for Single-Server PIR.
SODA 22, with Kevin Yeo.
Efficient Boolean Search over Encrypted Data with Reduced Leakage.
with Sarvar Patel, Joon Young Seo, and Kevin Yeo.
Lower Bounds for Encrypted Multi-Maps and Searchable Encryption in the Leakage Cell Probe Mode.
with Sarvar Patel and Kevin Yeo.